jueves, 9 de septiembre de 2010

Fidel to Ahmadinejad: 'Stop Slandering the Jews' - International - The Atlantic

Fidel to Ahmadinejad: 'Stop Slandering the Jews' - International - The Atlantic

Fidel to Ahmadinejad: 'Stop Slandering the Jews'

SEP 7 2010, 12:06 PM ET

(This is Part I of a report on my recent visit to Havana. I hope to post Part II tomorrow. And I also hope to be publishing a more comprehensive article about this subject in a forthcoming print edition of The Atlantic.)

A couple of weeks ago, while I was on vacation, my cell phone rang; it was Jorge Bolanos, the head of the Cuban Interest Section (we of course don't have diplomatic relations with Cuba) in Washington. "I have a message for you from Fidel," he said. This made me sit up straight. "He has read your Atlantic article about Iran and Israel. He invites you to Havana on Sunday to discuss the article." I am always eager, of course, to interact with readers of The Atlantic, so I called a friend at the Council on Foreign Relations, Julia Sweig, who is a preeminent expert on Cuba and Latin America: "Road trip," I said.

....

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario